A holiday photo aggregator.
A github project
Scene: You are on holiday (or any other event e.g wedding) with a group of people and everyone have taken different photos. And you want to share these amongst yourselves afterwards.
Problem 1: Different people use their prefered online photo sharing sites; e.g: Picasa web albums
, photobucket, Snapfish, etc. This resolves to many different, confusing, and often lost or ignored ways to share photos.
Problem 2: Some people don't use online photo sharing.
Possible solution: To stop forcing people to change their provider, I want to create a sort of aggregator site for photo albums.On an event group page, people can add links to their 3rd party photo album.This way people can easily and quickly find each album.
- No photos stored on my application
- Tools to create and distribute login details to 3rd party
- Offer suggested 3rd party tools (problem 2)
- Link to a google group for chats, mailing list etc
First called fotogator, then renamed to snaps
Or snapgrid, fotogate, snapgate, etc.
- Spring MVC
- Amazon ec2
- creator & lead developer: flurdy